Tuesday, May 30, 2006

a very big thank you

I just want to thank those who came by the former home of the Jarvis family this Sunday, brought us some lunch, helped my husband move furniture from our two-story apartment into a U-Haul in the bizarre pre-summer heatwave, packed my entire kitchen in no time flat, kept my grandson Ryan occupied, and just generally brought some cheer and relief into this stressful weekend of moving.

I'm happy to say we (and all our things - Janine's cup fetish and all) are in our new home (which is a 3-bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, 1 car garage, with a place for a washer and dryer (hallelujah!!!!!! no more lugging laundry back and forth from the laundromat anymore!), a backyard for the munchkin to play in, and really just lots of room!). We have only to clean out a good part of the old apartment by the 1st and turn in our keys and we will be completely done with apartment living!

I'm going to post some pictures soon and will share more about this crazy, sudden, move into our new wonderful home! We are very blessed to have found this place - it's in a great neighborhood and our landlords are wonderful people. I'm very anxious to be a friend to our new neighbors, see what God has in store for us in this new community, and to make our new home really home. And, of course, have everyone over for a breaking in party!

Thanks to literature lover and her entire clan (by the way, I continue to be impressed by the maturity and initiative of your wonderful daughters - they are awesome, girl!), my very sweet friend Laura, and Chad (aka strong man) for pitching in and helping us out in such a big way - you have no idea just how much this pregnant woman and her family appreciate all you guys did for us on Sunday! Just your presence in my home that day decreased my own stress level by quite a few notches and brought a happiness to my heart I can't even explain. And, I know Jerry very much appreciated another strong body to help him with all the furniture. We honestly couldn't have done it without ya'll! THANKS, THANKS, AND THANKS!!!!!

*** On a final note, Jerry's even made a few resolutions about NOT living in two-story apartments and maybe selling all our stuff the next time we move and just buying all new things. We'll see.

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

You are welcome! :) We were happy to do it. I know that Little Lady thoroughly enjoyed playing with your little one and Little Miss loved being in the action of packing. Can't wait to see your new pad (after you've had time to actually move in, of course).

heartsjoy said...

Hey sweet girl! I'm so glad you had friends helping! Moving can be a chore but pregnant even harder!! You amaze me with your love and willingness to give it! Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers!