Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the NEWS!

Well, folks, it looks pretty well like my husband and I will be welcoming a baby boy, who will be named Jerry Allen Granville (all family names), into our lives and family come November! (See my new ticker - the pregnant woman, who really resembles me quite well, is wearing blue!)

Is it terrible to say that I was more than a little disappointed? When I spoke to a few people, I could hardly contain my tears. I really had my heart set on a daughter, but I knew even yesterday that my disappointment would pass and I would be able to move forward because now I know. My husband is nearly beside himself with happiness since this will be his first son after four girls and his happiness is only helping to dispell my disappointment and realize that his dream is coming true and I get to be a part of it with him. His dreams are my dreams and this little one is our son - a little bit of both of us and the generations of our families before us. I couldn't love him any more or less and I know I will be a mess when I see his little face and as I watch him grow, all those things! I watch Ryan now with an awareness when he says "Momma" that sometime soon, there will another little boy calling me "Momma". How crazy is that?

I have to admit that I am still sort of shell shocked and wondering what God is thinking to give me a boy? Are You serious? What am I going to do with a boy? I'm a girl for goodness sakes! I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually, but this boy is already making me nervous. Oh well. Gotta love those little boys. Supermom - you'll get this - but I really hope I don't look better as a boy!

I am thankful we got to see him yesterday, but there were some issues I'd like to mention for any of you reading this to remember in prayer for us. We weren't able to get a very good look at our little boy for any number of reasons. We weren't able to get very accurate measurements of specific body parts or even kinda focus in on any particular one. He wasn't moving around too very much, but he was definitely active and Jerry was surprised that with how active he appeared, I couldn't feel anything yet!

We ended up visiting with the doctor (even though we weren't scheduled to see a doctor other than the ultrasound tech) yesterday, so I knew there were some concerns. The fluid around baby was a little too small for the doctor's liking and so I am scheduled for a higher-tech, higher-resolution ultrasound on the 18th to check it out a little better. I have also lost 2 pounds in two weeks when I should be starting to gain, so there is some concern that I am not eating enough, especially since this means I weigh a little bit less now than when I got pregnant. I am not trying to lose weight, but I am definitely eating healthier so that has more than likely cut my calories, when I should be adding 300 additional each day to my diet. Great - good and bad thing. Please pray for my appetite. It definitely isn't what it was before I got pregnant and it's hard to eat when I don't feel hungry. I want to make sure baby is getting everything he needs.

So, that's the news from the pregnancy front. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. I couldn't imagine a more supportive and enthusiastic group of people to go through all of this with. I can't wait to meet my little boy and introduce him to all of you, even those I've never met. You guys are truly awesome and I am grateful for every one of you!

P.S. If you're wondering where the pictures are, I'll just tell you that the ones I have are really not very clear and our computer at home is not set up and will not be hooked up to the internet for an indefinite amount of time. As soon as I can, I will post some. I have friends in the IT department here at work that will be willing to help me. It may be after my next ultrasound - I think the pictures will be much better then.

10 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Girl, that little boy will have you wrapped around his finger in no time. There is something to be said about the relationship between a Mother and a son. I can't wait to see him. About the concerns, we will definitely keep you in our prayers.

gracie said...

I had a baby boy first.... and he is still very close to his mother!!!! Baby boys seem to like cuddles more than independent little girls!
Prayers for your little boy and you...

thebarefootpoet said...

Ah, Janiners, you're gonna do great with a boy. You can't hide it, I see you snickering at the grossness and insanity of the rest of us "little boys". I know a perfect report everytime would be so much more encouraging, but hang in there, we're behind you and praying.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I know how you felt--sort of having your heart set on a girl. You had a certain expectatin and now it's all changed. But you already know that God has it all set up--and you are going to absolutely love your boy.

Congratulations!!!!

Candy said...

I LOVE my not-so-little-anymore boy! But then, I can't imagine myself with a girl. Isn't it funny how we get in our heads what's best for us when God knows exactly what it is we need. That little boy will own your heart very soon and watching him with his dad will be a kick in itself.

Candy said...

oh yes, and I will definitely be in prayer for you and your boy!

SuperMom said...

Your little boy will be ADORABLE!! And I think you will make a perfect little boy mom. Well, not PERFECT, but you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see him :-)

Monk-in-Training said...

The Gift of a Son! May God continue to keep you both safe and whole.

Through morning sickness,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through mood swings,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through added pounds,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through swelling ankles,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through heartburn,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through unknown fears,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

Through labor pains,
Deliver this child in good health to her.

heartsjoy said...

Whoo Hoo!!
I know what you mean, I was focused on getting a girl because of my little niece...A. I was so in love with her and thought one of her would be wonderful. However, my firstborn little boy had my heart melted immediately! Oh girl! He has been the thrill to us that only God could see! You will cherish that little boy and His love and care for you more than you can imagine. I know you will be over the disappointment in no time! We will be praying for you about the concerns, gaining more weight and fluid.

Danielle said...

Janiners, thank you for your post at my blog! Congrats on your little boy. I am laughing to myself as I read your sweet post tonight. My son, who is now 16, asked me just the other day to tell him the story again about how I bought clothes for a little girl only to discover he was a boy when he was born! (we didn't find out beforehand) He thinks it is funny that I didn't know. Now that I have my son, I think I knew all along...I think I always knew he'd be mine. : )

Prayers for your concerns. Lifting you, your husband and your son-to-be up tonight.