Friday, June 16, 2006

new blog name

So if you haven't yet noticed, let me draw your attention to the new name of my blog. Why the new blog name, you ask? There's a few reasons for this -

1. The old name - where God can be found - wasn't really practical anymore because I wasn't really talking as much about literature, movies, or music as much as I would really like to be. See, you have to actually be reading, watching movies, and listening to music to talk about all those things. Kinda helps. Music is never a problem (because I'm listening to music or have music on my mind almost every waking moment of the day), but the others take a lot more time that I just don't have right now. I imagine eventually I'll talk more about books and movies, but right now, my mind is nearly completely preoccupied. If you don't know why, just take a look at the top of my blog. On a related note, I have wanted for some time to explain why I named my blog what I did in the first place. I really liked the name and have debated for a while whether to change it all. Anyways.... keep an eye out for a blog post explaining more in the future.

2. I knew that if I renamed my blog anything, it would be brave mommy (right now it's mommy-to- be since I am currently pregnant with my very first precious child). If you've read any of my previous posts, you know how very much I love the song Brave by Nicole Nordeman. It just speaks of and to my very heart of where I am at in my life right now, what I feel most of all that God is calling me to be in everything, and of my own desire for God to make me brave. I don't know why God chose the word "brave" to speak to me so powerfully, but He did. I even looked up the word and the definition just blows me away - "said of a person, or their character, actions, etc: having or showing courage in facing danger or pain, etc; daring or fearless." That is what I want to be, especially in relation to becoming a mommy for the first time. I think I'm going to need some bravery!

3. If I'm listed by blog name on somebody's link list, I'm way farther up alphabetically. LOL. Yeah, because that's what's most important. :-)

Hope you'll like the new name. And, keep coming by.

7 comments:

gracie said...

YES! one of my favourite songs!!! (not to mention one of my favourite songwriters).
I'll have to change the name on my links... 150 days goes fast so I'll stick to brave mommy!

LiteratureLover said...

The name suits you, girlie!

Candy said...

I love the new name. Gracie is right - it will go by fast and then, boy howdy, the fun begins!! You are brave. You are strong. You are Mommy!!

Monk-in-Training said...

Janiers,
Tho I don't know you well, I hope you don't mind if I say a Rosary for you during this exciting time. This is one of the prayers from that group.

Merciful Lord, Creator of all, hear my prayer. Cradle her unborn child in the waters of good health and gentleness; nourish her unborn child with joy and wisdom; strengthen her unborn child with the Spirit of love; and I pray most Gracious Father, grant her an easy delivery, a safe birth and a healthy child; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

paulmerrill said...

Certainly you are brave to be a mommy! Marriage is stretching, but parenting is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g.

Like the name.

SuperMom said...

Neener, you crack me up. Man, now I have to go change it on my blog!!

heartsjoy said...

What a great name! you are a cutie and you are brave!