Monday, June 26, 2006

tomorrow's the BIG day! ...and other news of importance

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY
CONTAIN IT!!!!!


My husband and I are going in first thing tomorrow morning to have our 20-week ultrasound! I am so anxious to see how big, healthy, and beautiful baby is getting! It's been almost 11 weeks since I first saw our precious little one and I am ready to see her/him again and check out what all she/he's been doing and growing! And, if we're really lucky, we'll get to find out what the gender of our baby is! We already have our names picked out and are just ready to start calling baby by one or the other.

My heart is desperately longing for a girl, but God knows better than I the person He is creating and the life that He has purposed for our child, so either way, I am resting in His perfect will for all of us. Pray that I will be able to sleep tonight and that my heart will be at peace; I am so excited - you'd think I was a kid getting ready to go on vacation or something! But, even if I can't sleep, I've been reading the novel, The Devil Wears Prada (review to come and the movie is out this Friday!!!), so I'll have something to keep my mind busy. And when I finish that book (since I'm getting close to being done), I've got plenty more books to read!

My husband and I have taken all day tomorrow off, so I will be sure to post pictures and the happy news on Wednesday. Make sure to come back for the update!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, we finally have a washer and a dryer of our own! Hallelujah! I have been doing my laundry at a laundromat for almost eight years and I am so excited not to have to leave my house or dig out change to get my clothes clean anymore! It's truly a blessing for us and just simply doing my and my family's laundry now holds an incredible amount of joy for me! I'd even be willing to do a load (or two, or three, even) for a few of my blogging buddies - I am THAT happy!

This is all I have enough patience to write at the moment.

Everyone have a wonderful evening!

5 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Yippee!!!!!! I was just wondering if it was coming up. Please post quickly tomorrow for those of us who are finding it hard to wait. :) I am so excited for you! I think it's great that you both took the day off to celebrate. I'll be here watching...

SuperMom said...

Oh, gosh! I hope I can sleep tonight!!! You have to let us know AS SOON AS YOU KNOW SOMETHING!!!

Let's hope that baby's not bashful.

Oh yeah, congrats on the washer/dryer, too. Laundromats are the pits!

Monk-in-Training said...

Congratulations on your image. I still have the ones of my kids nestled in the womb. what a perfect picture of God's love for us.

You would not happen to need a white gas range or dishwasher would you? Let me know if you do.

heartsjoy said...

AHHHHH!!!! HOW FUN!!! That IS definitely one of the most fun days!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics! Also, WHOOHOO on the washer and dryer! I bet you do appreciate it!! SO much handier. About the loads...I will be bringing 2-3 on Sat....heehee...just kidding!

Kyle said...

I was absolutely sure I wanted a boy when my wife was first pregnant. Ended up more than proud and grateful for the beautiful girl I met that morning.

Things will be great. We're praying for you.