Thursday, April 06, 2006

a sight I've never seen

One place I've always wanted to visit and never have is the Grand Canyon. I found this picture today online and was also listening to a song on the radio that says,

The whole earth is filled with your glory, Lord....

and I just couldn't help but say something. My heart swells with joy, wonder, humility, and in truth when I hear words like this. It's like an unconscious act of agreement that I just can't help or ignore because God gives me so many reasons to acknowledge that the earth is truly filled with His glory.

And when I see pictures like this, I can't help but stand in awe of the One who created such beauty. When I try to think of what heaven will be like, my mind can't comprehend or quite grasp the majesty of the beauty I have yet to behold, not even including the wonder of seeing my Lord face-to-face for the first time! Sometimes it's hard for me to imagine anything more beautiful than what I can see. Yet God's word surely reminds me that there is!

Truly - how great is our God!

I'm kind of curious -
To those of you out there in the blogging world, I have a question for you.
Where do you find beauty that just draws you to stand in awe of God? It can be anything.

9 comments:

LauraAnne said...

I see so much beauty in people. Beauty in the parts of people, in humanity that is still pure and loving. It can be such a surprise and a reminder from the Lord. I also love nature. That picture is amazeing. To be out among the raw and evolving environment of our father. I am amazed by weather, and there is nothing like hiking to the top of a mountain and watching a storm roll in. How can anyone not stand in awe? Anyways Im enjoying your sight and glad that I am finally able to respond back to you.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Hey girl-

I left a word of congratulations on your "riddle" post-- but it never showed. Just wanted you to know that I'm so happy for my newly pregnant and blessed blog friend. :)

Drink lots of water and wear cute maternity clothes. :)

Candy said...

Definitely nature and faces.

Candy said...

oh, i thought of another one - stories - our stories - the story of Him in us. great question!

SuperMom said...

Gorgeous pic.

I am with Lauraanne on this one. I find beauty in people. When I see the complexities in a person and realize we were made in God's image, it's mind blowing.

When you see your new baby, it will open your eyes to the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

heartsjoy said...

Loved the pic...was SO refreshing. I agree with the other ladies comments and also for me it is looking at the ocean and the clouds in the sky...feeling the breeze on both accounts! Ahhh.

LiteratureLover said...

We are planning to see this very thing on our vacation in the summer and I can't wait!

As far as your question, I think it would have to be when I look in the mirror. Just kidding. Really it would have to be in my children. I see beauty in them daily that draws me to Him. But I also enjoy it in nature. I think I need to go outside now.

thebarefootpoet said...

Todd Agnew wrote:
"I searched the world for a song that I could sing, a rhyme that would bring glory to my King. But no writing I've found was worthy of this God high above all other gods." I couldn't stop that from running through my mind as I looked at that picture.

As far as your question, it tends to vary. Sometimes it's the crystal clear stars and moons, the cool night air, and the sounds of night that you can only see and hear outside of the city. Sometimes its that magic moment in a song, that place it lifts, and you lift with it.

Kyle said...

I remember the first time I saw the Palo Duro Canyon in Canyon (Amarillo), Texas. Just breathtaking. The only words I could find were from the song, "I stand in awe of you."

And I remember some of the scenes and beauty of Mt. Cheaha in Alabama.

My friends Rob and Patty talk about seeing God's presence daily in Colorado Springs as they look out toward the Garden of the Gods.