Friday, February 10, 2006

tomorrow

OK, ya'll! TOMORROW I will blog! I promise! I am just as anxious to tell you all how the first week with my stepdaughter and her son is going, er.... has gone........ as you all are to hear it. I cannot wait to introduce you all to them on Sunday (with the exception of heartsjoy, wah!) and I'm having my first official girls' night out tonight alone with my stepdaughter. Jerry and the boy will catch some sci-fi, male bonding time.

I will just say that getting used to having so many people around is going to be the biggest adjustment for me. I feel terrible if I want to do anything for myself in the evening - like read, blog, watch a particular show on TV, whatever. I feel a little guilty if I don't spend all my evening time with them. My stepdaughter and her son are home by themselves with the kitties all day, so I feel bad if I just want to have some alone time when I get home in the evening. It's not that I don't want to spend time with them or even want the whole evening to myself. I really want to get to know them both, but I think there are some moments where I just want to retreat and be by myself for a while. This has been probably the hardest thing for me so far. Any thoughts or advice?

OK, I better get to work now. This oughtta hold back the growing unrest and agitation over my lack of blogging for the time being.

3 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

So happy to see you blogging again! I'm excited that everything is going well. Just a piece of advice, you should probably have at least a little alone time every night. If you don't you may burn out and find yourself resentful. Of course you want to fellowship and enjoy everyone but I don't think it's wrong to take a little time to recoup from the day alone.

SuperMom said...

I agree. You need the "decompress" time. Everyone does. I can't wait to meet them!!! They are so lucky to have you in their lives, when other people might not be so welcoming.

heartsjoy said...

Your BAAACCKK!!! I can't believe it! I came on just to check and realized how behind I am...ya! As far as alone time, it is VERY necessary!! I have found the bathroom to be a good non-offensive retreat, try a long bath with a good book!! ;)