Friday, March 03, 2006

frappuccino disaster

Funny story. Really. I get to work this morning with my little convenience store bottle of mocha frappuccino (because I'm trying to limit myself, not spend so much money and also do my figure a favor) and some munchies for a quick and light breakfast - the sun is shining, I got to drive to work and listen to my music on the way to work, I overcame the urge more than once to yell or get mad at someone on the road on the way to work and just enjoyed myself (very rare event for me), and above all else - it's Friday, so I'm feeling pretty happy and content. I get to work, turn on my computer, set all my stuff down, begin to get in the groove and get a little organized. I shake up the frappuccino a few times to get it mixed up. A few minutes later, I grab the bottle again to shake it up one more time before actually drinking it and without warning, it goes everywhere!!! - all over my cubicle, all over my computer screen, the keyboard, every nook and cranny the drops of mocha can fly and squeeze themselves into, all over me, my clothes (even through to my bra!), the floor of my cubicle, in my hair, all over papers that are sitting on my desk - ok, I think you've got the picture. It's a sticky, mocha mess, and at first, I just stand there in shock. (I later realized that when I first shook the frappuccino, I also opened it and didn't completely replace the cap. What a dork, I know. :-)

I walk several times to the bathroom and back with wads of wet paper towel, trying to clean up the mess in my cubicle, not even trying to clean myself up because I know that my clothes are a lost cause for now. I get the majority of the frappuccino cleaned up out of my cubicle and am still trying to figure out what to do about myself. I can't work all day in sticky clothes, plus it's in my hair and despite my best efforts with the wet paper towels, my face is still sticky. So I go and tell my boss that I need to go home to take a shower and change my clothes. I will be coming back, even though I really feel like I deserve to go home and stay after this little fiasco. (I know, I'm sort of a wimp every now and then. What's a little mocha frappuccino disaster? It's not like the end of the world or anything.)

So, my stepdaughter and grandson get a little surprise visit from me this morning and I get a little interruption in my not-so-well-planned-out-day. It actually made for a nice, little break to go home, get all cleaned up, get to drive a little more in the sun, and find a birthday gift for my boss. Oh, yeah, did I mention today was my boss' birthday? Well, it is. So, at least I was able to give her a little laugh on her birthday and now, even I can laugh about it. Although I couldn't quite laugh about it at the time - even though I knew in a few hours, I would be able to. Does that make sense? I'm still just not always the kind of person that can laugh at herself while there is still frappuccino to clean up and she just happens to be wearing half of the bottle of it.

But you know what's really cool about all this, now that I think about it? In spite of my little fiasco, it's still Friday, it's still a beautiful day outside, and I'm enjoying every moment of just being alive and human today!

5 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

You poor thing! I bet that was a shock having the brown mess everywhere. It sounds like you handled yourself well and I'm glad you got to have a little more time to yourself! Good for you for staying upbeat even through a yucky mess. ;)

SuperMom said...

HA! I have to laugh at the visual. Sorry :-) Sounds like something I would do! Wish I could have seen it!!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Are we related??? I think you deserved the day off too.

heartsjoy said...

LOL! My husband was looking at me laughing at this blog. I really am sorry for you but yet it sounds like you had that sweet chipper attitude and day after alll! Hope you have a great weekend and watch out for those frapp. craps I mean caps! ;)

heather said...

Ah, Janine. How much I learn from you. :)

I would've cried probably, I am so glad you were able to take a break and see your fam. Here's to a frappa-free week!