Wednesday, January 18, 2006

the new family addition

I am happy to officially announce that my stepdaughter and her son will be here late in the evening on February 4th, and our blissfully married, wonderful, two-person household will become one of four, with ages ranging from 2 to 40. Wow...... Gotta love it.

I have only had a few moments of anxiety so far - realizing that my alone time with my husband will soon be even more limited than it is now, my "single life as a married woman" (as I fondly call the ability to visit with my friends pretty regularly, particularly Laura and Kara) will slow down quite a bit, and just imagining how my life in general is going to change.

But, honestly, I can't imagine very much "bad." Maybe that's not realistic, but I just think the good is going to majorly outweigh any bad. I've already been thinking of next Christmas and anticipating actually having a Christmas morning with my stepdaughter and stepgrandson, thinking about getting to spend time with my stepdaughter and getting to know her, inviting her on girls' night outs, getting to know my stepgrandson and enjoying being able to do things for the both of them. I can't wait for all the fun things we'll get to do together and just to have them as a bigger part of our lives.

In the meantime, please pray for my husband and I as we are preparing our hearts and home for their arrival. It will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Ohhh Janiners! Your heart just flows off the page! You are So thoughtful and just hearing your excitment about what you can do to build relationship with them is just so precious! They are so fortunate to have you! I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

janiners said...

ha, ha, funny, funny, h b! :-) i need to go out make a t-shirt that says, "proud stepgrandmama!" or, "first a stepgrandmama, then a mama!"

LiteratureLover said...

Wow! We will be praying for you.