Thursday, January 19, 2006

blessings

I was on the phone just a few minutes ago with someone and was just suddenly overwhelmed by how God has been blessing me at my job over the past two weeks! As I described in an earlier post, I've been struggling a lot to even come to work (and have been for a while). But in the midst of my struggle, God is teaching me perseverance and is blessing me through it. So, I just want to share a few ways God has been blessing me in my job. This list is in no way exhaustive and I may add things in the days to come, but these few came to my mind this morning as I was on the phone with an insurance company, being blessed once again!

How God has been blessing me at my job –
  1. By granting me favor with the insurance companies and, by total divine intervention, directing me to the right people to talk to that will help me to get claims paid or authorizations in place AFTER the fact
  2. In verbal encouragement and praise from my boss
  3. In written encouragement and praise from others
  4. In showing me that I have the ability to get a lot done when I set my mind to it
  5. In giving me the wisdom to request time off in advance so I can have time off to look forward to, which in turn strengthens my resolve to go to work and get things done
  6. In just the simple joy of having a job to do and a weekend of rest to look forward to
  7. By beginning to develop something within me that I can only describe as an incredible joy and contentment that is new to me; I'm just starting to begin looking forward to coming to work again
I am so grateful for all these incredible gifts! Thank you, Lord!


P.S. I am happy to say I stole this idea of list-making from an incredible SuperMom! :-)

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying work more! It sounds like you are learning tons. Keep us posted!

heartsjoy said...

Ditto!