Sunday, November 06, 2005

Journey rocks!


Friday evening I had the tremendous pleasure of listening, dancing, screaming, singing along with, and just generally partying out with Journey, my husband and about 3,000 other fans at the Brady Theatre here in Tulsa! Man, I have to admit that I am pretty biased when it comes to this band (and the fact that I haven't seen too many other rock bands in concert doesn't help either), but I think they certainly know how to rock the house. And, I still have the ringing in my ears and the loss of my voice to prove it!

What really struck me about the concert is that the band never stopped for the entire two or so hours they played - everytime you thought they might take a minute and just talk to you, they started another song and the crowd went crazy on nearly every single one. They sang all the familiar ones and a few of their great new ones. My favorite song is, of course, Don't Stop Believin' and I screamed when I heard Jonathan Cain playing the piano intro. Neal Schon's small guitar solo that is intended to sound like a train coming down the tracks in the first verse gets me every time I hear it.

I love glimpses of heaven and one thing that always makes me think of heaven is the sound of a crowd of people singing the same one song - it just blows my mind! There are many times in the book of Revelation where it says a crowd too numerous to count were singing together the same song to the Lamb. So, every time I hear a crowd of people singing together, it's just beautiful to me and I can't help but think of what heaven will be like, realizing that the size of the crowd is only a shadow of the number of people who will be in heaven. At the concert, there were so many songs you could just hear nearly the entire crowd singing along and it gave me chills. I think it must simply be the unitedness of the crowd all together singing the same words that moves me. I can't wait to see the size of the "crowd" in heaven giving glory in one voice to the Lamb.

Thanks, Journey, for another great evening that I will never forget and for the fans who together brought me a small glimpse into heaven.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Cool. I'm jealous. Glad someone I know got to go and really have a great time!

SuperMom said...

Neaner,
This sounds corny, but your description moved me to tears. Seriously...that was beautiful. You are so gifted!!!!! And I am also jealous, because we (my hubby and I ) wanted to go to that concert. You suck.